Today we have Sarah from Coming Unstitched. This lovely lady and I share Ohio roots and we’ve both been planning a wedding. I truly treasure her friendship, internet-based or not, and I can’t wait to see what she does for her wedding. PS-She’s always good for a laugh!
Hey everybody! I’m Sarah from Coming Unstitched and I am so excited to hang out on Lindsay’s blog while she’s off celebrating her marriage to her new husband. I’m not sure how many of you know this, but Lindsay is my blogger fiancee. What does that mean? I’m not entirely sure other than that I think this girl is great and I’m so glad I’ve “met” her and I’m able to call her a blog friend. (And hopefully, someday, a “real life” friend.)
Today, class, I thought I’d talk to you about finding your own personal style. It can be harder than it sounds and I’ve come across so many people that just try to copy someone else’s style with very minimal success. Why? Because THEY AREN’T YOU. So how can you go about finding what will work for you? Try these tips:
1. Search the internet for other fashion bloggers, models, celebrities, etc. and really take a look at their styles. Decide what you like and don’t like about their style.
2. Think about the colors that you gravitate towards, as well as patterns (or no patterns), and if there is a particular style era that you really love.
3. Take a realistic look at your body so that you can figure out what WILL work for you. There are so many ways to create a flattering silhouette on EVERY body. I’ve previously posted on a few suggestions here and here. One quick but major suggestion- wearing oversize baggy clothes in all black WILL NOT make you look slimmer. Highlight the features that you LOVE and camouflage the areas that you aren’t crazy about.
4. Experiment! That is the best thing about fashion- you can try out any style you want. No, they won’t all work for you, but I’m willing to bet there will be things you never thought you could pull off that you end up LOVING.
5. Remember that the key to pulling off personal style is confidence in the way you look. There is nothing more attractive that a confident woman and feeling good in your clothes will aid in this. So get out there and strut your stuff!!
That’s all for today kids. But I hope that you’ll come visit me in my little corner of the interwebs. I love meeting new friends and blogging is great for that. You can check out my fashion advice, inspiration and my personal style. Oh, and while you’re there, you can check this out:
That’s my boyfriend proposing to me last October. So you can check out my wedding plans as I go. And while we’re on the subject of weddings, Lindsay, I hope that you have an AMAZING wedding and honeymoon. I wish you all the happiness in the world and a lifetime of laughter. I’m so excited to hear all about your big day when you get back!